10 years today I wrote my first blog entry. This blog was initially meant as an online public journal where I got to express myself when I felt very insecure and socially anxious.
Fast-forward 10 years and since that first post 'Why I Became A Vegetarian and Why I Quit' I'm officially:
- Less socially anxious
- Far more secure as a person
- I've written and published two books and writing the third
- I set up an author website
- Started my editorial business
- Written countless posts (some of my favourites can be seen here ).
- Enjoyed reviewing products and worked alongside lovely companies
- Witnessed brilliant guest blogs posted here
- Guest blogged on other sites like Tiny Buddha, Having Time and the dearly departed ThankTheNow
- I've become a better writer
- I'm more kinder and gentler to me
- I have a thriving Twitter account, growing Facebook page and thriving Pinterest account.
- I've had 514,412 page views and growing
This blog is no longer just about my emotional processing but is now primarily about sharing how to move through the darkness and tough times in life and come through it all as a stronger and more empowered person.
My goal in life has always been to help others recognise their worth, but more importantly to help those who have been passed over and overlooked by the positive-thinking culture of new-age thinking, that leans rather heavily to the 'light', often bypassing the blessings in the dark.
Life is all about balance and so I hope over this past 10 years you have found my posts enlightening, comforting and supportive on your spiritual journey and I hope I can continue to help you reclaim your power and step onto the stage of your own life.
Over the coming month, as a celebration of my blog anniversary, I will be sharing some fantastic giveaways and posts. And 2017 is all about re-inventing this blog space, writing a lot more and guest blogging on other sites too.
A huge thank you to all of you, my loyal readers. Without you, this would simply be a private diary for my eyes only.
I hope my words encourage you to value your own worth,
Now over to you! What would you like to see here in 2017?
P.S: This post would have been 10 times longer if I was not full of a heavy cold, but that's life (smile) atishoo! And hopefully, my temperature has not adversely affected my writing today.