What is sexy to you? I used to think it was tall dark handsome, but now, as I have grown more wise (grin), I realise that sex appeal is an inside job. Someone can be stereotypically beautiful and have no sex appeal at all. Sexy comes from within, physical beauty that we are often brainwashed to believe to be sexy needs to have the whole package. My boyfriend told me recently that often those who may not be in the category of 'attractive' may work harder at developing their inner world, their self confidence, self empowerment etc etc.. whereas someone who may be hit with the 'pretty' stick from birth perhaps does not feel the need to look within as much as someone who may feel physically challenged in that way. And in many a sense those hit with the pretty stick may not have to develop a pleasant personality because there is queue of admirers waiting in line for them.
Anyway, sexy is the motion of the inner ocean, we can truly feel sexy, we can walk and strut as we move, we can simply feel so blessed and so grateful we exude this sexy feeling out into the world. I have lost count of the number of male heads I have turned lately, even on days I am dressed down, but feeling so damn great and sexy.
In many ways I feel sexy comes from the playful inner child. When we are in our playful state, when we light up inside (much like the radiance in the R is for Radiance post HERE), our eyes light up, we have a cheeky grin, we flirt, our eyes give 'I want you vibes' to our partners and those we flirt with.
Sexy can also be a way of doing business and of operating in this world. A sense of strength and personal empowerment is very sexy.
My Recent Sexiness
I spent a long time without physical intimacy and recently met a man I am now exploring my femininity with and as my feminine Goddess-like character comes forward the sexy is plain to see. To be wanted, to feel playful, to laugh lots and smile and sparkle, I have been feeling a lot more sexy. I also found prior to meeting this new man I received some healing by a good intuitive healer and psychic surgeon Wayne Lee who unlocked my root chakra that apparently had been blocked since childhood. Once this was unlocked this energy opened up inside me, kundalini began to rise, the caged wild woman who had never been a woman for such a long time was freed and I began to change.
This began by wearing high heels, never had I wore high heels. I started with boots with block heels and noticed my hips swaying and I enjoyed the feeling of my pelvis and hips moving, my sacral energy unblocking and I felt physically and energetically sexy.
I feel sometimes we may need a little help to unblock our inner sexy, especially if we have had issues in the areas of sexuality in the past, perhaps being abused or having had challenging sexual experiences. Sometimes as children we lock down our root chakra because we feel unsafe and we feel the only way to feel safe is to shut down our sexual and creative centres, but eventually we realise that these primal centres hold so much more than physical sexuality, but our life-force flows from that area upwards. So if you feel blocked in life, begin looking into natural ways to unblock your root chakra and allow the energy to flow. Don't try and force a kundalini awakening, simply exercise or envision or seek out a good healer that can start you out in your own awakening process.
As this red centre awakens, so does your inner sexy!
What Is Sexy?
- It's more than just physical.
- It is an energy of confidence.
- A twinkle in the eye when a man or woman is in their power.
- A playful sparkle.
- Genuine smiles.
- A good sense of humour is sexy.
- Taking life lightly is sexy.
- Having a pondering mind can be sexy.
- Intelligence can be sexy.
- Letting someone you like know you want them can feel sexy to both you and them if the feelings are reciprocated.
- For a woman being physically carried can feel sexy (perhaps this is just me LOL but I like being lifted onto a mans shoulder or carried like a girl and giggling my socks off! The same goes for playful wrestling matches).
- Good manners is sexy.
- Kindness and generosity is sexy.
- Hearing someone (not simply listening, but really hearing them) is sexy.
- I also love when a man opens the door for me, puts my coat on for me, this is not sexist this to me is charming.
- Making a special meal for someone and considering their needs is sexy.
- A man or woman making an effort to look and smell good for their date out or for simply meeting them.
- Walking with your head held high.
- Really caring about what someone needs.
Sexy can be far-reaching and a personal experience.
What Isn't Sexy?
Boasting or showing off.
Rudeness to others,
Disrespecting a persons values and/or beliefs.
Being sexually crass eg. 'Get your tits out for the lads!'
What is sexy to you?
This post is part of my A to Z blogging challenge drop
by tomorrow to see what the letter T will be about.