Coconut, Almond and Banana Ice-Cream Recipe
Since giving up refined sugar, only having a small amount of honey in my diet, I really wanted ice-cream this summer. I thought to myself how am I going to do this? And I was blessed to come across this easy-peasy recipe online from the TheFatKidInside.Com.
Ingredients: 3 sweet bananas, A tin of coconut milk and a 1/3 cup of almond milk (or ordinary milk if you prefer and are not wanting dairy-free).
Yes that is it! Unbelievable, 3 ingredients that is all. But if you like peanut butter I highly recommend you buy some in for something extra later.
And you will need a blender or food processor.
I have not got a food processor so I used a blender.
How to do this is so easy I will give you a brief summary and the video from TheFatKidInside.Com
- Peel the bananas and freeze over night.
- Fill one ice-cube tray with coconut milk (not sweetened)
- The next day put the bananas, 5 coconut milk cubes and almond milk in a bowl and let it thaw for a minute or so.
- Put everything in a food processor or strong blender.
- Go on high speed and stop when it is smooth.
When I used a blender I had to shake my blender so make sure they are thawed enough, do not be afraid to shake your blender (grin).
Once blended enough it will look like this and I placed a cute
cherry on top for a pretty picture but I highly recommend a dollop of peanut butter.
It is AMAZING!
Take a look at TheFatKidInside.Com's video on you tube.
And I also love the background music he is playing.